Thrive Market Haul
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Blushing Matters By Tatiana Quiapo receives a small commission from purchases made through these links at no additional cost to the customer. Thank you for your continued support!
Thrive Market is a membership only online market that sells household, cosmetics, health, and grocery items at wholesale prices! Thrive Market has been a lifesaver since I'm a college student living off of financial aid. Thrive Market sells healthy, organic, cruelty-free, vegan, paleo, vegan, and other options that fit your values, such as women-owned corporations, family-owned business, and more! See what I got to update my apartment's kitchen!
Fridge & Freezer Deodorizer & Dehumidifier
This actually works! My apartment mates and I didn't clean out our fridge for a while, and food was rotting and spoiling all the food. After cleaning out the fridge with my mom, I put this in both the freezer and the fridge. The both the freezer and fridge had a spoiled kind of smell despite cleaning it out. The next day, the smell was gone!
I noticed the food started to stay fresher longer, which is a HUGE PLUS.
SAY GOODBYE TO MONTHS OF BAKING SODA. This thing lasts for a year!
Biodegradable ingredients, which you can use to act as compost for your garden (it's mainly just bamboo charcoal)
Ok for about $5-$6 each, this is worth it compared to spending on a new pack of baking soda every 30 days to keep both the fridge and freezer fresh.
- Not exactly a downer, but you have to leave this out in the sun for 2-3 hours every 30-60 days.
BUY THIS. Honestly, it's worth the price, it lasts a long time, and you save money from never having to buy baking soda every month. The only downside to this is how I'm gonna figure out what to do with all the baking soda we have leftover from every month we've used baking soda!
U-Konserve Stainless Steel Drinking Straws + Brush
- Saving the environment. Plastic straws are so disposable and single use, and mostly end up in oceans or landfills. Using a stainless steel drinking straw is a must for me because I drink A LOT of coffee and I whiten my teeth frequently. So instead of using cheap single use straws, this reusable one is perfect for iced cold drinks!
- Affordable. For two reusable straws, plus buying the brush, this is quite the steal. The brush was not expensive and quite useful for cleaning out the straws without having to sacrifice a lot of money.
- Perfect for entertaining! This is great for a dinner party or a few guests over, and you don't need to worry about the trash overflowing. People would be less likely to throw these away. It also makes a great presentation to your iced drink!
- Do you really need this though?
Buy if you must. I use straws frequently for iced drinks and it saves me money, saves the environment, and less guilt is attached to a reuseable straw. The brush and straws are meant to be bought together to ensure cleanliness. If you use straws frequently this is a new alternative to disposable single use straws. You might need to purchase more sets, but it's worth saving the environment. It's not the worst thing in the world if you don't have these, but they make life so much easier.
Soma 10-cup Water Pitcher and Filter
- Sustainable materials. The design of this is so aesthetically pleasing to the eye and it's made from sustainable materials such as the white oak handle. The plastic is BPA-free and shatterproof!
- Crisp taste. The filters are made from 60% renewable plant based materials such as coconut shell carbon, and eliminates chlorine, copper, mercury, and zinc from tap water.
- HUGE SIZE. Water tastes so much more refreshing since transitioning from a college-dorm Brita pitcher to a sustainable pitcher with 10 glasses full of water. I drink 3 liters of water per day, and the Brita was not enough for me to fill up my water bottle. This Soma pitcher is well over enough to sustain me for a day. The filter lasts up to 40 gallons.
- Price. Not exactly the worst price, but for what you're getting, it's well worth the investment.
- Product care. You have to soak the filter in water, then use it three times before actually drinking it, eliminating excess carbon and charcoal that could trail off in your new pitcher of water. You also have to use mineral oil to upkeep the beauty of your oak handle.
Great investment. I bought this to get a more sustainable alternative to Brita, and the HUGE capacity of water that it can contain is perfect for a college household like mine. We drink plenty of water in this household, and the Soma pitcher is so beautiful, functional, and ethical. It may be pricy, but it's used every single day. I think that's worth every penny.
Click below to get 25% off of your first order from Thrive Market plus free shipping!