How to Make Your Day a Little Better
Ever have those days you that you don't look forward to? Whether it's Mondays, work, and everything in between, here's some things I do to make my day a little better.
- Set up a ritual for that particular day. I hate Mondays so what helps me get out in the morning is what I call Nice Outfit Mondays. Also Makeup Monday! I put on my newest or favorite outfit, put on some makeup (I don't wear makeup every day) so I feel good about myself. It makes me want to get out of bed so I can catwalk with confidence. Other examples include order take out on that day, Taco Tuesday, etc
- Do something nice for someone. Like open the door for someone. Smile at someone. Help others. Let others help you. Don't forget to say "thank you" or "you're welcome" if needed.
- Treat yourself when you get through the day or achieve something. It'll motivate you.
- Play your favorite music or leave that song you like stuck in your head. I usually do this when I feel stressed out or sad, so I think about my favorite songs that get me happy or motivated and confident (currently it's "Valerie" by Amy Winehouse [Mark Ronson version] and "Side to Side" by Ariana Grande)
- Make a list of why today has to happen (a test, essay, presentation at work, meeting with the boss, etc) and list what could happen if you don't get through today
- If you're gonna fail at something, at least look good doing it (optional). AKA Hold your head high and be confident in whatever you do.